Saturday 12 November 2005

Day Off or Off Day

Today I was going to drive to SF. Then I woke up late, felt a cold coming on...thought screw it. It's foggy, I'm blue, too many chores to do...oh it's turning into a song! I have to work at 8 am tomorrow anyway. Today I didn't even wake up until 8:30. I used to be a morning person but that fell by the wayside quite a while ago...

My niece is sick with a cold too. I am going to take and Airborne and hope for the best. Today we ate horribly unhealthy things...pancakes and hash browns and later, pizza. Pizza with the red pepper stuff on it, and that helps with a cold.

Now I am blogging in avoidance of doing laundry.

I want to stop using the word "like" all the time. It's sort of a Valley girl sound that creeps into the way I talk but I feel like it sounds a little too airhead at my age. Its hard to curb that habit, though, when you are living with a teenager. It's funny how you pick up little expressions and inflections (not to mention sinus infections) from the people you are around the most. My nieces word is "hugeungous". One of my co-workers is always saying Huh! as a response. That makes her sound like James Brown...okay she is not shouting HUH but saying an affirmative huh like uh-huh with out the uh... I bet I will pick up on that. It's like when one of my old boyfriends was in a band with 2 Canadians and then next thing you know he and I are saying Eh? at the end of every question and I still do that to this day, even sometimes when I am writing.

Okay now I am rambling. I was going to post some more pictures on buzznet but my computer is running really slow...I blocked some spyware and now maybe I will try again...I feel like laying around like a bum with this cold...

1 comment:

Irma La Douche said...

hehe in fact I just had a chocolate chip cookie but I could hardly taste it with my stuffy nose