Tuesday, 1 June 2010
I'ma tell you what I think of Entertainment Weekly's top 100 characters of the past 20 years cuz I am bored like that...
100. Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights- never watched it, probably won't
99. The Bride from Kill Bill- Hell Yeah!!! xoxoxo Beatrix Kiddo!
98. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and its sequels- want to read it
97. Violet Weston from August: Osage County -Absolutely no idea what this is
96. Bernie Mac from The Bernie Mac Show - love Bernie Mac RIP
95. Wilhelmina from Ugly Betty -never watched it
94. Truman from The Truman Show- meh that movie was okay but I don't think I would watch it again. My favorite Jim Carrey movie is Me Myself and Irene if that tells you anything BOING!
93. Game Boys: Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series; Kratos from the God of War series; and Niko Bellic from Grand Theft Auto IV- I have no idea about these. I like Judy Nails from Guitar Hero lol
92. Christopher Boone from The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time- I read that book but it didn't make that big of an impression on me
91. Hancock from Hancock Yeah I dug that movie a lot more than I expected to
90. Marge Gunderson from Fargo- love ya Margie! sorry I am having font issues apparently
89. Wikus van de Merwe from District 9- was that the guy? or the alien guy? I really liked that movie and I had no desire to see it originally
88. Napoleon Dynamite from Napoleon Dynamite- love him! okay? Gosh!
87. Tony Stark from the Iron Man series- love RDJ
86. Karen Walker and Jack McFarland from Will & Grace- that show was irritating to me so bleh
85. Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood- didn't see it, not gonna see it
84. Dr. Gregory House from House, M.D. -he is rather HOT
83. Jen Yu from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon- I saw it but I don't remember it much so eh
82. Tracy Flick from Election- did not see it
81. Amanda Woodward from Melrose Place- oh that beotch. I would not really put anyone from Melrose on a great character list
80. Gorillaz, the animated rock band- this annoys me greatly...gimicky
79. Elphaba from Wicked- yes I love Elphaba! That was a great show
78. Patty Hewes from Damages- never saw it
77. Mimi Marquez from Rent- hmmm I liked Angel best
76. Tyler Durden from Fight Club- yes and Chuck Palahnuik has some other rad characters tooooo
75. David Brent from The Office (original version)- i have seen neither one. I used to work in an office i don't want to see a show about it
74. Don Draper from Mad Men- never saw it
73. Catherine Trammell from Basic Instinct- GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!
72. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace from Battlestar Galactica- still haven't seen it!
71. Det. Alonzo Harris from Training Day- yeah that was cool
70. Mary Katherine Gallagher from Saturday Night Live not so much
69. Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada why is this so high on the list...meh
68. Effie White from Dreamgirls isn't dreamgirls more than 20 years old? Do they mean Jennifer Hudson's version only? ok, i dig her.
67. Borat from Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan-- i like BOrat. and Ali G. and Mahir Cagri lol
66. Allie and Noah from The Notebook- never saw it, read the book, book made me vomit
65. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls- never saw
64. Maximus from Gladiator- didn't see
63. John Locke from Lost-whatever
62. Jimmy Corrigan from Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth- who??
61. Vic Mackey from The Shield-what?
60. Mary Jones from Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Saphhire who was Mary? her horrible mother? wtf
59. Master Chief from the Halo series- um no
58. Thelma and Louise from Thelma & Louise um YES. We had cats named that (Louise RIP)
57. Clayton Bigsby from Chappelle’s Show ?not sure. I like his rendition of Lil Jon
56. Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother- never watched it
55. Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock never watched it
54. Juno from Juno cute but overated
53. Edward Cullen from the Twilight saga *vomits*
52. Annie Wilkes from Misery YES! I love you, Ms Kathy Bates
51. Omar Little from The Wire never seen
50. Pearl the Landlord from FunnyorDie.com #50?? for reals????
49. Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman yeah this is making me vomit hardcore
48. Red from The Shawshank Redemption love!!!!!! One of my favorites for sure
47. Corky St. Clair Waiting for Guffman--- love! LOVE! "Well then, I just hate you, and I hate your ass face!"
46. Jerry Maguire from Jerry Maguire eck I hate Tom Cruise
45. Stewie Griffin from Family Guy I HATE THIS SHOW!!! SO SO VERY MUCH! i do not understand the appeal at all.
44. Jack Bauer from 24 never saw it
43. Cal Stephanides from Middlesex- is this the Jeffery Eugenes (sp???) novel? I want to read it.
42. Sydney Bristow from Alias never saw it
41. Harold and Kumar from the Harold & Kumar series- meh. I like Jay and Silent Bob or the Pineapple Express dudes for movie stoners
40. Ron Burgundy from Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy I don't really understand the appeal of Will Ferrell. I do like to say I love lamp, though
39. Gob Bluth from Arrested Development- i am not sure who that is i have seen that show maybe twice
38. Elmo from Sesame Street- Elmo you kind of annoy me but yeah Elmo is a more beloved character than Pretty Woman for fuck's sake
37. Keyser Söze from The Usual Suspects- meh. I fell asleep in that movie
36. Gollum from The Lord of the Rings- my PRECIOUS!
35. Dexter Morgan from Dexter- would watch that, but I don't have that channel
34. Cher from Clueless- love this character. Love Alicia Silverstone I was always surprised she was not in more movies
33. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2: Judgment Day yeah she kicks ass
32. Beavis and Butt-Head from Beavis and Butt-Head- ok. heheheh
31. Forrest Gump from Forrest Gump- yeah okay
30. “Stephen Colbert” from The Colbert Report- um I don't watch that and I didn't realize he was fictional!?!?
29. Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction-love love love especially Jules. Best character ever, maybe.
28. Madea from several Tyler Perry films and plays haven't seen any but (s)he is definitely well known
27. Frasier from Frasier I like him. but it was the ensemble that made that show good
26. Kavalier and Clay from The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay haven't read it
25. Woody from the Toy Story series I like BUZZ
24. Felicity Porter from Felicity never saw it, or wanted to
23. Austin Powers from the Austin Powers series- yeah baby. I think Dr Evil is funnier
22. Eric Cartman from South Park- screw you guys, I'm going home. Yeah he is a funny little psychopath. South Park is hit and miss but when it hits it hits hard, my favorite is the Fishsticks episode
21. Roseanne Conner from Roseanne- love the show, Dan was my favorite but again it was the ensemble
20. Ally McBeal from Ally McBeal- haven't seen it
19. Morpheus from The Matrix series- haven't seen them
18. Sue Sylvester from Glee- glee sucks
17. Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider franchise- yeck
16. Bridget Jones from the Bridget Jones series ok i like her
15. Shrek from the Shrek series yeah i dig
14. Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski from The Big Lebowski- hell yeah, that/s the DUDE
13. Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean series YES YES YESSSSSSS!
12. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from The X-Files NOOOO! ah it was okay. I didn't like either actor
11. Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld- I am partial to Elaine
10. SpongeBob SquarePants from SpongeBob SquarePants- you annoy me so. I like Patrick
9. Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City- yes that is a good character
8. Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs and its sequels.I don't like it that much but he was pretty funny. Not scary, witty.
7. Edward Scissorhands from Edward Scissorhands..meh I don't really like that one so much
6. Rachel Green from Friends nah Joey or Phoebe
5. The Joker from The Dark Knight he was very good but i thought that movie was overrated
4. Tony Soprano from The Sopranos yeah that is s a pretty iconic character
3. Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer never saw it, ever
2. Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series okay, that is an important character
1. Homer Simpson from The Simpsons- love Homer, not to keen on recent seasons. All time favorite season was 4
here are some other characters I think are awesome: Randall from Clerks, Adebisi from Oz (or Said or Schillinger.) Jay on Modern Family (actually, everyone on that show!)
That is all I can think of. 'kay bye.
Oh PS: i enjoyed SATC2 very much. Well, there you go.