Wednesday 20 February 2002

Puzzled and laughing out loud by email from ex-boyfriend making fun of his most recent ex-girlfriend by forwarding an email she sent him to everyone on his mailing list and making fun of how "stupid" she is. Holy crap thank goodness I haven't been sending him any dopey letters, thank God I am over the dopey-letter-writing phase with this guy, who knows who else would be reading them? (well, it's about the same as complete strangers reading this... actually). Wow that didn't seem like the guy I knew, but you can never really tell with guys, can ya? Anyway she just sounded silly and God knows I have sounded silly like that too. He told me he was never really into her but obviously he was into her just a bit if he cares so much what she is saying about her new paramours that he feels the need to be spiteful about it. Actually I was kind of happy to be privy to a little girl-bashing from a guy, men are endlessly interesting to me and I like to know what they are saying when they are being really honest. Hmm, that's interesting.

Oh, can it be true, my beloved 'OZ' has it's first season coming out on video? Yes it's true and how lame am I to be so pleased about it? But, oh... Adebisi... I am a pop cultural gal. LOL I just remembered my semi-roomate-by-accident Daryl once compared me favorably to my other roomate by saying I was "cultured". "Well... just pop culture," I said, and Daryl said "WELL, AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING!" All mad-like. I appreciate complements so much, but I have never been one to take one gracefully.

Right now I am reading this book that my Mom bought because it was called "A Widow for One Year" and that's what she was at the time. She kept saying, oh this is so stupid I can't believe I am going to finish it. Well, me- I am always desperate for books to read on BART because I have no Ana to talk to. So I gave it a try- I am not shitting you--- I really like it so far, this is like the best thing I have read in a long time. John Irving is the author. It is great. You see, Ma likes romances and crime thrillers and I like neurotic crazy cynical stuff. So this is right up my alley and it misses hers by a country mile.

No comments: