Monday 19 March 2001

I've been up since seven, I guess that's an okay start to my week of fruitlessly searching for a new job. I suppose the wise thing would have been to have the new job lined up before quitting the old one, but do you ever get so's you just cannot stand something anymore? It's the principle of the thing. I could not kiss up to someone I didn't respect anymore, and sit around while myself and all the other underlings got the shite end of the stick. Yes I meant to spell shit that way. Faith an' begorrah, it's a holdover from St. Paddy's day. Well today I'm faxing resumes... we'll see. Had an interview that I'm still waiting to hear back about. Sheer frustration. I am without a vehicle so I'm going to do these three things today 1. Exercise 2. Put on fake tanning product 3. Sit outside and read. Right now I'm reading "Speaking with the Angel" a collection of short stories. (The title makes it sound like "the Celestine Prophesy" or something but it's not.) It's good. Particularly the stories by Melissa Bank, Roddy Doyle, and Nick Hornby. Prior to that I read "On Writing" by Stephen King. I'm tring to get back into writing myself but doing a crap job of it. I have one story I've been working on forever, but lately whan I'm on the computer I'm doing stuff like THIS. Or Yahoo! PageBuilder. And I somehow screwed up my very first web pages so I can no longer change them and when I put new stuff I have to link it from a page in the middle. Oh well. I doubt anyone else cares besides me... Well, better go get on the treadmill before I lose my motivation.

No comments: